How to add and manage departments
- How to add a new department.
- How to add people to a department.
- How to remove departments.
- Watch the training video.
How to add a new department
- Login to MyHR - you will land at the Launchpad.
- Click on the 'My People' tab - you will see all employees and existing departments.
- Scroll down and click on the ‘Add department’ link (in the left-hand menu).
- Name the department and select a manager (usually this is an employee saved in 'My People' or you can manually enter the manager's name and title).
Note: If you would like to change your departments name at a later date please go to 'My People' > 'Departments' > 'Edit'.
- Click 'Submit'.
- The new department will now show up in your MyHR account.
NOTE: Creating a new department and assigning a manager won't automatically give the manager access to the new department. You will need to follow through with change to 'user settings' to change 'permission settings' for the manager.
How to add people to a department
- Find the required employee in your 'My People' list.
- Click on their name - you will land on their 'Overview'.
- Scroll down and click on 'Edit details' (in the left-hand menu).
- Scroll down to 'Departments' and select 'Add to an existing department'.
- Find and select the department name from the drop-down menu.
- Click 'Save'.
How to remove departments
Watch the training video
This short video provides an overview of adding a new department to your MyHR account.
This short video provides an overview of who to have in a department and why.