Understanding owner and manager access in MyHR and how to add or update an owner or manager on your account
- Who are owners and managers?
- How to add a new owner or manager
- Updating permissions for managers
- Making a manager inactive
- Watch the training video.
Who are owners and managers?
Owners and managers are the users who log in and perform actions with the employees they manage, or contact MyHR to get help.
- Owners can access, manage, and edit everything in MyHR.
- Manager access can be restricted to specific people, departments, and functionalities within MyHR.
How to add a new owner or manager
- Log in to your MyHR account.
If you are giving access to one of your people, check their person record first to make you are not about to give them access to their current department. See How to add people to a department to change their department if necessary.
- Access your account settings by clicking on your company name.
- Click 'Manage Account' in the drop-down menu.
- All the existing owner and manager users will be displayed.
- To add a new user, click 'Add user'.
- Select user details from saved 'My People' or enter a new user's details.
- Click 'Save' once the person's details and access permissions are completed.
Updating permissions for managers
Once you are on the list of existing owner and manager users following the steps above:
- Select the manager user you want to update
- Add or remove the relevant permissions for your manager
- Update departments if needed (managers should not be in their own departments).
- Select save
Making a manager inactive
- Select the user
- Set the user's status to inactive
- Select save.
Watch the training video
This short video provides an overview of owner and manager access and how to add new users.