Adding and managing pay rates in iPayroll
- Why aren't pay rates sent to iPayroll when I add a new person?
- How to add and manage pay rates in iPayroll.
Why aren't pay rates sent to iPayroll when I add a new person?
To make sure people are paid correctly, a Payroll Administrator must set up pay rates in iPayroll for all employees.
When a new person is added to your MyHR account, we ask for the person's pay rate and allow that to be entered using text so that it can describe more complicated situations than just an hourly wage or an annual salary. This gets us the information we need for producing employment documentation.
iPayroll on the other hand has strict requirements about the structure of a person's pay rate, including only accepting numbers, requiring a choice between 'relevant daily pay' or 'average daily pay' and allows up to five distinct pay rates per person.
This is important so that pay is calculated and processed correctly. For this reason, the text description of the pay rate entered into MyHR is not transferred to iPayroll.
How to add and manage pay rates in iPayroll
To add the pay rate of a new employee who has just signed their agreement and been added across into iPayroll, follow these steps:
- Log in to iPayroll.
- Click on the 'People' drop-down menu (at the top of the screen) and select 'View People'.
- Find the new employee in the list and click on their name.
- Scroll down to the 'Pay Rates' section and enter the pay rate amount, select the pay frequency, enter the full-time equivalent hours per week and choose between 'Relevant Daily Pay' and 'Average Daily Pay'.
- If the employee requires more than one pay rate for different types of work, click 'More Pay Rates'.
- Once finished, scroll down and click 'Save'.