This article will take you through the importance of 2FA and how to setup and use 2FA with your MyHR account.
What is Two-Factor Authentication?
Third-Party Authenticator Apps
The following are popular 2FA apps compatible with MyHR:
How to Setup 2FA
1. If 2FA is enforced, the next time you log in to your MyHR account, you will be prompted to set up 2FA. First off, you will need to download and install an authenticator app to your device. A quick list of popular apps is provided. Once the authenticator app is installed, click Next to continue.
2. On the next screen, you will see a QR Code. Open up the authentication app of your choice and scan the QR Code.
NOTE: If the QR Code isn't scanning, then you can always click the enter this text code hyperlink and enter the revealed code into your authentication app instead.
3. Once you have successfully scanned the QR Code using the authentication app of your choice, you should see a 6-digit code (this code might be named SecretKey depending on the application that you are using). Enter that 6-digit code in the Code text box and click on the Submit button.
If you get an error at this point saying the code you've entered is invalid, check to make sure that the system date/time on the device your authenticator app is on is set to sync automatically. This is because authenticator codes are only valid for 30 second time intervals so if your device is more than 30 seconds ahead of or behind Internet time, the code may be invalid before you get a chance to use it.
4. Once you have successfully verified your 2FA code, you will see a list of backup codes. Make sure to copy this list of backup codes and save it somewhere safe. These are all one-time-use backup codes that you can use if you do not have access to your authenticator device anymore.
5. After you have copied and saved your backup codes, click on the Done button.
Congratulations! You have completed your 2FA setup!
How to Login using 2FA
1. Once you have successfully setup your 2FA. The next time you login, MyHR will prompt you to enter your 2FA code. To find your 2FA code, open up your app and find the code that corresponds to MyHR (the code might be called SecretKey depending on the application you are using). Enter the 6-digit code in the Code text box
2. Tick the Trust this device for 14 days (optional) box if you do not want to be asked for this 2FA code again within 14 days
NOTE: if you login with another device, you will need to enter the 2FA code on the new device.
3. Click on the Verify button.
Congratulations! you have successfully logged in to MyHR using your 2FA code.